Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Grand Finale (cont.)

Day 3

Sunday. Oh, glorious Sunday. I didn't really sleep the night before. Somehow, I think the room temperature wasn't my usual kinda temperature. Just not used to sleeping with the cold air brushing on my face.

Both Irene & I woke up pretty early. The alarm clock within her just went off at her usual weekdays time. Gosh. It was tough to wake Mabel up...I reckon she was too tired. The cheekiness in me just tempted me to wake her up using the digi cam again, but as usual, it didn't work on her. I just took a snap, but she didn't stir. *sigh* Poor Mabel. So tired.

Chit Chong was so kind to give us a lift to church. Rare. He's usually pretty cheeky and mean (well, sometimes). Leaving Irene's house after a great weekend there wasn't an easy thing to do. Not that I don't want to return to my family, but my heart felt kinda heavy to depart from all the fun that I've had. Farewells and hugs were exchanged before we hopped into the car. *sigh*

Gloria was quite stunned to see Mabel at church. Both Mabel & I got busy meeting people and just catching up with them before we leave after service. Service was one refreshing one after an entire week of madness. The sermon shared by Rev Paul Christie hit me like a brick thrown at my face...was abput what it takes for a church to be a 5-star church.
Colossians 2:1-5

1. People encouraged in heart...building each other up
2. United in love; knit-together
3. Focuses on Jesus
4. Commits to biblical truth
5. Steadfast in the ministry

Wow. Brought to mind my CG. The things we say to each other in the circles; not very encouraging. We tend to throw sarcastic comments and post crazy ideas all the time. Like 'where's the love?' man? Chris said that the circles is the place to destress yadda-yadda. Hmm..makes sense, especially after a long day. However, I still think that we could be a little more encouraging & help build each other up. Ah well, time to improve!

Back to church. I didn't join the carollers for the practice. Hung around with Mabel, Gloria, Hsu-ee, Lydia & Len instead. Mabel left at 'bout 1pm. *sob* So gonna miss her. Reminds me of JS once again. You get your share of fun & encouragement, then you depart, move on to continue living the life you have been called to. This is very similar, but no tear were shed*smiles with pride* I mean, e are all gonna meet up another time...soon. Yay! Can't wait for that time to come. *rubs hands together with glee*

I left for uni at 'bout 2.30pm in Iknal's car. the journey was a pleasant one, although there were some moments of silence which kept creeping into the car & disturbing my mind When things get silent, I'll start thinking and recalling of the past week & what took place. No, I wasn't glad to be in the car heading towards the uni. However, I am indeed VERY thankful to be able to hitch a ride from Ikmal...saved some cash there..heehee.

I'll be back the next week for cousin Loretta's wedding! Woohoo!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com