Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Debates...you'll never see me in it next year

The most recent debate that I participated was the 'Great Serdang Debate Championship', held in UPM, organised by the Kolej Tun Dr Ismail students. On the whole, the competition was alright, but the adjudicating was not very professional. Many adjudicators are not properly trained (some are first time debators without adjudicating experience!!) I didn't really make any new friends this time around...so unlike me...haha...

The only part where I had a good time was during the training in KL prior the debate. We stayed at the AnCasa Hotel, beside the Puduraya bus terminal for 3 days 2 nights. It's been a very long time since I actualy stayed n a hotel. I reckon, the last time was when I was in JB (2 years ago, I reckon), when Mabel won a 2 days 1 night stay. I practically shifted my entire bedroom to the hotel, where myself & another girl, Charlene, stayed with the 2 lecturers in the same room. We had about 10 other guys in 2 separate rooms, and we had loads of fun :) Of course, I got pretty irritated with some of the guys when they took my Jolly Mah & my pillow (the one that Mabel gave), and threw it around the room...bah! Oh well, I gather that guys will FOREVER be like that...

*****
The next debate championship will be the UiTM Women's Debate Championship, starting this Friday, 16-18 June 2006. I guess I'll make this competition the last debate competition that I'll ever enter (in my uni years). I'm too bored and tired of debating, and I'm actually wasting a lot of time just to train & debate... *sigh* I doubt I'll go for the Royales this year, although it'll be in Sarawak, the one state that I've never been to yet. I rather
avoid the stress and go to Sarawak myself, or with some friends. In any case, I'll be entering my final year this July, so it's seriously time to focus on my studies again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com