Saturday, July 01, 2006

Submission (Saturday, 1 July 2006, 12.45 am)

It’s a strange feeling when the Word of the LORD suddenly becomes all too real to me! Not that it has never happened to me (the Word of the LORD speaking out loud), but it has been a VERY long time since it happened. Yeah, talk about being close to the LORD.

I didn’t realize that all along, the one area in my life that I am struggling with was the area of submission. It’s serious work here to get back to basics. Today’s QT just created turbulence in my heart & stirred up my conscience. I now realize that I’ve not submitted my all to the LORD. The idea has been residing at the back of my head, I reckon. It takes the Word of the LORD to wake me up. Back to basics would mean being like Abraham, one of the first few ‘phases’ that I went through during my first year in uni.

Abraham obeyed God & set out for the land that he’s foreign to, and went to the very extend of submitting to God & listening to His command to sacrifice his one & only son, Isaac, as a burn offering. All I could say is ‘wow!’

An excerpt from today’s ODB wrote: “Christ’s lordship touches every area, every relationship, and every concern of our lives. If we are willing to submit to Him, any loss in life will be seen as an opportunity of giving back to God what is rightfully His & trusting Him to provide what is needed…Can we entrust everything to God- our possessions, job, health, family? If we commit ourselves to Him each day & thank Him for every blessing, our confidence in Him will survive any test.”

A lot has happened of late. Basically, I’ve been not surprisingly busy with uni work. The freshmen’s orientation week will kick in beginning this Sunday, where all of them will arrive for registration as early as 8 in the morning. I’m placed in one of the busiest units, Accommodation & Welfare, where the main task is to make sure that all the hostel units are well-equipped & clean. *sigh* It’s pretty much a ‘donkey’s job’, but at the end of the day, I am glad that I am placed in this unit as providing proper accommodation will certainly be a plus point for the university to maintain the students.

Life has been all about rushing here & there, with the facilitators’ training held last week, to equip us for the challenges yet to face in the orientation week. With all that is taking place, no doubt the tendency to back-slide in faith is there. *sigh* What a shame. Including this weekend, where the orientation begins, I’ve missed a month (4 Sundays) of going to church. Bah. I’m taking things positively; this orientation week shall be mine & the other Christian facilitators’ opportunity to gather all our non-Muslim friends who just entered uni, & show them the way to church, CG, and towards a lifestyle of faithful walk with Jesus. Even though the orientation week will be tiring, I pray that all will go fine. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com