Chinese New Year shopping
CNY is around the corner... falling on the 18th of February, to be exact. Every shopping centre is seen packed with people,hustling and bustling to get the items on their shopping list.
I was at Megamall & Kuantan Parade last weekend with Abigail, uncle Francis, & Aunty Rosalind, to buy Abigail a pair of shoes and some clothes for her usual wear. That girl is growing. Although she didn't grow that much as compared with the other children of her age, she has indeed shot up a little since the last 2+ years when I first came to Kuantan. Heh. It was quite cute whenever we bumped into some parents with kids of her age; parents being parents will sub-conciously compare their kids either physically or mentally. The poor girl was so shy to meet anyone else on the street. She knows she's not tall. *sigh*
"What matters? Height or brains?" I asked her. "Brains, right? So the next time someone calls you a 'shorty', tell them that 'it's ok to be short as long as I use my brains & I'm smart!'..." Haha... my ajaran a bit serong wan... kekeke... but as long as it boosts the confidence of that kiddo, can la.. :P
I'll miss the home for the next 3 weeks. I won't be staying over at their place this weekend, thanks to the 'Business & Entrepreneurship' talk/ workshop on Saturday & Sunday. Bummer. After this week, I'll go back to PJ (yes!!) for about 10 days, for Chinese New Year, & probably get back to uni earliest by 21st Feb. *yawn* Uni is getting boring. SO much work to do... nothing fun to experience. Bleagh.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home