Friday, November 10, 2006

Kuching... 11 days!

...and I thought I'll be in Kuching for only 5 days... bummer! All my initial plans affected! Spending 11 days in Kuching sounds absolutely mad!!

The Royals Debating Championship 2006 will be held in UNIMAS, Kuching, this year. The Malay debates will start on the 25th November til 30th November, while the English debates will run from 1st-6th December. Eeekkk!!

I haven't been to Sarawak before, & to stand a chance to go there is indeed a privilege :) The airplane tickets
(AirAsia) + food + accomodation (1-6 December) will be covered by the university, while the first 5 days there for the English debators will be on our own...boohoo... Mdm Chiam said, " Be prepared with RM 300 for food & stuff for the first 5 days..." Eeekkk!!! *faints*

Either I go or don't go... *thinks* I've decided to go... somehow, I'll have to get the cash lar. Bah. I'm hoping & praying that I'll find someone who lives there & could bring me (us) around Kuching instead of the debators bumming around town on our own... we'll waste more time & cash if we go on our own... bleagh.

So far, I've found out a 'lil on Kuching:

Around the city
  • Kuching Waterfront
  • Tua Pek Kong temple (Jalan Bazaar)
  • Main bazaar- souvenirs
  • Kuching divisional mosque
  • India street mall- textiles, clothings...etc
Museums
  • Sarawak
  • Sarawak Islamic
  • Chinese History (at Waterfront)
  • Cat (at Kuching North City Council)
Historical Places
  • Sarawak steamship building
  • Square tower
  • General post office (Sarawak art meseum)
  • Round tower
  • The Pavillion (textile museum)
  • Court house- Brooke memorial, Clock tower
  • The Astana- palace
  • Fort Magherita
Food
  • Kolo mee
  • Nasi lemak
  • Sarawak laksa (Chong Choon Cafe at Padungan is said to be good)
  • Kopa ayam [i somehow think this is just chicken wings]
So, if anyone knows of anybody staying in Kuching who is willing to bring this crazy girl around town (better still if Christian...then, can bring me to church on Sunday, 26 November! Heehee...), do let me know :) Your kind deed will be highly appreciated!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com