Monday, May 02, 2005

Glory of GOD

I just came back from church camp at Cherating. Dead tired man...but I just wanna jot down a wonderful experience, before I forget bits & pieces of it.

I woke up really early in the morning on Saturday, 30 April as I can't really sleep; my room mates were having their 'ochestra' practice...teehee. I bunked in with the aunties as they didn't mind me in their room...can't really clique with the younger ones so well...they sleep way too late, & I will be of inconveniece to them if I sleep early...will bring them on a guilt trip.

Thus, I decided to catch the sunrise...& whoa, I saw the 'glory of God' at the beach!! *superbly excited* It was like a big red ball appearing from the sea slowly, & then disappearing behind the whole stretch of clouds, before it bursts out into rays of light stretching across the horizon! Wow, it is totally unforgetable. Even when the sun isn't at sight yet, the rays of light tells that the sun is coming up soon...

It spoke to me that when we have Jesus in us, we are to share about Him to the other people around us. The joy that we have as a christian can't be contained; it overflows. We are to be the salt & light of the world! Our actions, our lives 7 the words we speak will depict the person whom we are. The world can see if we are truly a christian or a mere hypocrite. " Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, & glorify your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:16. Hmm...salt & light...brings to mind the sea & the sun...oooo...

The awesome Saturday didn't just end there & then. The glory of the Lord continued shining throughout the day. For the first time this year, I led vespers for the church camp. I haven't been worship leading for at least 10 months now, since the day I was posted to Kuantan. I am actually glad for that period of 'silence', now that I know the purpose of it.

It was whoa man...indeed there is no need for a full band. All we had was a guitarist, & even that, not an experienced one, & 2 back up singers to help me out ( I didn't have much of a voice left after cheering and shouting the entire afternoon of the games). The glory was indeed God's...it totally belongs to Him. I haven't experienced such joy in worship for a long time already. Powerful & filled with the Spirit was the 'atmosphere'.

It is when true worshipers worship the Father in spirit and truth that His name be lifted high, & that worship may be a sweet, sweet sound in the LORD, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. I am very encouraged throughout the entire worship session & even after that. The joy I had was indescribable. Ah...sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com