Tuesday, April 26, 2005

A Walk Down My 1st Week of Hols (cont)

I am pretty free now as there ain't any assignments for the day, so I thought I should just finish up on the account of my hols...

Day 2
We woke up early & headed to Penang to spend a night there. Seriously speaking, I didn't really enjoy this day. The journey was kinda tiring for me. I spent the entire journey there snoozing away. I don't know why I was so tired, but ah, well, that was what I did on the way to Penang.

The Penang bridge up ahead
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We were really blessed to have Joseph offering us his apartment in town to us for a one night stay. As soon as we arrived in Penang, we met up with his mum, who took us to the apartment to unload our things before we head out again for the entire day of activities.

The Komtar building, which was very near the place we stayed
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There wasn't anything exciting about Penang really. My friends were all non-Christians, which made things slightly not so fun for me lar...we visited almost all the temples in Penang, I reckon. Well, I went in to less than 2 temples only. After that I couldn't take it anymore. thus I spent most of the day sitting outside the temples & waiting for my friends to finish with their 'tour'. They were apparently admiring all the architecture of the temples. I don't find the temples of any beauty, so I place no interest in such activities.

At Kek Lok Si temple
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The view from the peak of the temple
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We also visited the famous places of interest...konon-nya famous.

Outside Fort Cornwallis
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We went to quite a number of places in Penang as Joey drove. Not to be missed were the Penang's 'tau sar peah' and the sorts. I dont have any photos of that though...haha...we also went around town & took photos of the clock tower and some other old buildings, which have admirable architecture.

Clock tower near the harbour
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Old buildings were everywhere in this part of Penang
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We met up with Joseph at night for dinner. His mum sent him to the apartment to meet with us, & together, the 6 of us packed into Joey's car to go for dinner. After that, we went to Gurney drive for a walk & chat, before we went around town again for night sight-seeing. We were dead tired at the end of the day, but I enjoyed the night most.

I had a great time chatting with Joseph the whole time at Gurney. The breeze was great & ah, it was just good to do some catching up with him.


At Gurney Drive
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The view of the clock tower at night
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My friends and I continued chatting through the night despite being dead tired. We had a great time laughing & getting to know each other better. Ah...life is good.

Oh, Chen woke up early the next day & she managed to catch this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The view of the town early in the morning from the apartment we stayed at
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Can you see Komtar at the background? Very obvious right?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com