Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Pi Mai Pi Mai Tang Tu

Like who would actually think that this phrase means something logical??!! Well, I thought that it is just a silly phrase, but in actual fact, it's a malay dialect phrase! Northen BM. Bah. How I know?

Pi Mai Pi Mai Tang Tu literally means 'come here, go there, come here, go there and still end up at the spot we began.' Pi comes from pergi, Mai comes from mari, and tang tu...I can't recall. *sigh* KHup had a really good laugh at me on the phone yesterday. Cis cis. I'm not that good at BM la... plus, I am not from the northen states!

Learnt a number of Kelantanese BM words as well... like tubik, which means "to come out" ... "to think" ...derived from the word Malay word 'terbit', which means "rising of the sun" or "to publish". *sigh* Don't ask me anything to do with Malay dialects. My BM has never improved much. Memang pi mai pi mai tang tu wan....heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com