Friday, April 21, 2006

Perhaps debating is one of my callings…?

Thursday, 20 April 2006, 11:35 pm

It’s been at least half a year since I’ve really debated; exclude the Rector Cup debates. I’ve been called to participate in the Piala Sultan Zainal Abidin debate competition at UiTM Dungun, Terengganu, from the 12th-15th of May 2006.

Almost all the debaters from my uni will be going. *sigh* I thought the month of May would be a month of rest & time for myself. Seems not. I’ve made the decision to take part after all, since I’ll be in Kuantan already on the 7th of May... just got back from the tour to universities up north.

The tour to different local universities up north will begin on the 4th of May until the 7th. It would be pretty interesting, although I ain’t really looking forward to it as I will be the only Chinese & non-Muslim in the group of 25 students. We will be hitting about 5 states: Perak, Kedah, Pualu Pinang, Kelantan & Terengganu. In total, tentatively, we’ll be visiting UPSI, Tanjung Malim Polytechnic, USM Penang, UUM Perlis, KUKUM Perlis, USM Kelantan, & lastly KUSTEM Terengganu. It will be pretty tiring, I reckon. Bah.

After that, training for the debate competition will commence on the 8th of May and end on the 11th. *sigh* Directly after that, we’ll leave for Dungun, Terengganu, and supposedly be back in Kuantan on the 15th of May. Ahhhh…!!! I would wanna be home on my birthday!!!

However, I was just thinking that maybe I’ll stay back in Dungun, or go up to KT/ KB for 2 days, before meeting up with KHup that weekend (18th of May-20th or 21st of May) itself. It’s just a plan… but seriously, I’m not sure whether I’ll be able to stay back etc. Where will I bunk over and where can I go for the 2 days? KHup’s exams end on the 17th, so I won’t be able to disturb him till the weekend. Oh well. *shrugs* Time will tell.

As for now, I better concentrate on my finals! 3.5 GPA is the minimum!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com