15 April 2006, 12.29am
What is my purpose in life? What is my mission on this earth? What has God planned for me?
Lately, I’ve been questioning myself & God a lot concerning the plans He has for my life. Strange, but I’ll start to wonder why am I here on earth & why am I placed in Kuantan for this 3 years? One may ask, “Now only start to question ar?”, but I feel that it isn’t too late to start thinking of such stuff. Bah.
Holy Week seems to pass so quickly. I confess that I have not taken the initiative to sit down and be still before the Lord to hear His voice. *sigh* Yet, I am pretty convinced that He is asking me to look into the issue on surrendering my all to Him. I’ve been getting loads of ‘knocking’ on my mind to commit my day to Him, my worries, my finals, my relationships, etc.
In today’s Good Friday service, the 7th word (sentence) that Jesus said before He breathed His last was “Father, into Your hands I commit my Spirit.” The question is: Have I committed my Spirit to Him? Am I willing to give up my ‘grip’ in things & trust the Lord to take charge and guide me in all that I go through?
Believe it or not, the phrase “Let go, let God” comes to mind once again! It has been more than a year, I reckon, since that phrase was firstly introduced to me through a play by the Footstools group, who performed in Kuantan Wesley one fine Sunday… I think 1 ½ years ago! Wow. Miss Wong never did learn to put that into practice eh? If she has had, that phrase wouldn’t be found troubling her mind every now and then! Bummer.
Uncertainties. More uncertainties. I just worry too much. What did the Lord say ‘bout worrying?? *sigh*
“Therefore, I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin. But, seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” ~ Matthew 6:25-34
The song ‘Trust His heart’ came to mind during service just now, reminding me to trust in His ways, for He holds my future in his hands and nothing is too hard for Him.
All things work for our good
Though sometimes we can’t see how they could
Struggles that break our heart in two
Sometimes blind us to the Truth
Our Father knows what’s best for us
His ways are not our own
So when your pathways grow dim
And you just can’t see Him
Remember you’re never alone
God is too wise to be mistaken
God is too good to be unkind
So if you don’t understand
If you don’t see His plan
If you can’t trace His hand
Trust His heart
It is never too late to turn back to the Lord and trust in His ways. My soul rejoices in the risen, loving, full of grace God.
1 Comments:
hi ruth. I was thinking about u today. Also thought abt others like Mabel as well. Was wondering about God's plan for your life...now that u r coming to the end of ur college life. Not very sure abt wat God has install for u, but i noe that He is here with u and tat He has been preparing u to do wat is in His heart. I am so encouraged by u...by ur life. Really... i mean it!
Post a Comment
<< Home