Monday, January 03, 2005

Remain in Me, and I will remain in you

Oooo...the watchnight service sermon hit me with a thud! The sermon was based on the passage from John 15:1-8. I was feeling kinda eeky during the last few days of the year, and out of the blues, these verses were thrown at me. Ahah. God speaks.

The entire passage was like God's speech to me, telling me that He is the true vine, and the Father is the Gardener. If I do not bear fruit, He will cut me off. (Eeekkk....!!!) But if I do bear fruit, He will prune me to be more fruitful! Oh, the best part is thos one: "You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you." Wow. Just as I felt SO bad, SO guilty for being far from the Lord, these verses came to me. Amazing. *awe stricken*

I cannot bear fruit by myself. I will need to abide in the Lord. Without the Lord, I can do NOTHING. "This is to My Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be My disciples."

Brought me to recap of the things that took place recently...the sharing with the friend I met online, the sharing with my coursemate, and the sharing through the letter I received from a very dear friend. Wow...without Him, I can NEVER do such things...NEVER. Indeed the Lord has poured out his grace upon me in abundance, and I am very thankful for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com