Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Gentlemen...what??!!

I really wonder where the word 'gentlemen' came from. I hardly meet any lately! Sheesh...I was really irritated by the guys I met just these couple of days, who aren't any gentlemen at all! (for those who visit my blog, you are not included in ths category...teeheehee)

The 1st incident that got me jumping with ergh...took place on Sunday. As usual, I went to church together with a friend. We hitched a ride from a lecturer to the main road to catch the bus to town.

Men. They COULDN'T be bothered to offer up their seats to women! There I was standing in that bus to town, which is 40 minutes from outside the uni. I finally got a seat after standing for half the journey. Right. I don't want to blame anyone for not giving up their seat to a girl such as I. It is just way too common to find all the guys sitting down in the bus and the girls standing up instead. *sigh* What has this world become? Or more likely, what is the education ministry doing about this?? Aren't the guys and girls educated to offer their seats to those in greater need of it? Ethics! Courteousy!

I got to place my bum on the seat for FIVE minutes until the next stop came up. A malay woman with 2 kids boarded the bus. She was a lil wet as it was rainin' at that time. There weren't any seats available....men? Guys? Useless bunch of people in that bus. I gave up looking around & waiting for people to offer their seat to that woman; I stood up & offered mine instead. That friend of mine didn't have the...the...'kindness' to offer up his seat...goodness...this IS life.

Now that was round one of the irritating episode. Round two began 10 minutes after we got down of the bus. Guys. *sigh*

The weather wasn't really promising. The wind was blowing like crazy...it was REALLY nice though. Sadly it started to drizzle as we walked to church ( and the rain got heavier too!) & I can't open my umbrella lest I become like Mary Poppins! I thought my friend was slightly kind that day....nah...not at all!! I was walking in front of him when he said this : "I open the umbrella la...then you hold...I walk behind of you..." Oh boy...he got a whole long lecture from me after that about being a gentleman and all....sheesh...

Well, well, like what can I conclude? Early childhood education on how to treat others is extremely essential...hmm...you reckon? Kekeke...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com