Saturday, March 05, 2005

Loved ones

" Come back now...your dad...he's gone...*breaks down on tears*...(voice breaks off)" "What??!! NO!!!! (breaks down in distraught too)"....quickly packs bag & get to the bus station 25+km from uni....buy the next bus ticket to KL & hope to get a bus directly after that to Ipoh...home..where dad is...

Now this is a scenario just this morning. A friend's dad passed away...I don't really know him (the friend), but he is my room mate's coursemate. I was shocked to hear the news. His dad passed away due to a sickness. He was having some gatric pain-like illness last week, but was alright after that. However, things just don't happen the way we hope it would be. *sigh*

I know how it feels to loss a loved one. But so far, I have't felt this distraughted yet...this incident made me think really deep- how much do I value my loved ones? When was the last time I asured them that I love them? How much do my loved ones mean to me?

I miss my family. I rarely feel so. But lately, after so many things that took place, I found that my parents are actually very, very concerned about me. In my previous post, Thy Will Be Done, I mentioned that my dad called & was concerned 'bout me coz I sounded sad...well, I found out even more the next day...I shall post up some part of a mail I wrote to a very dear friend telling about how great the Lord has been to me lately & it has a part on my parents...

Many youths these days find it hard to communicate with their parents effectively. Sometimes I really wonder why. Well, I do go through similar situations where I found it hard to talk to my parents too. Sometimes I find that they just don't understand. But then again, I noticed how tough it is for the parents...they find it really difficult to communicate with their children too. We, as youths have our friends to turn to. How about our parents? I noticed that parents do not have many friends whom they can turn to. Some don't even have friends to turn to. I believe that the only person whom they can turn to is God & their spouse.

Is it that youths do not take the initiative to understand their parents? Or is it just the parents who can't seem to go to the level of their children? Are they just too busy to notice their children? To take time to understand them better? Or is it that the children just don't want to open up & share how they feel with their parents? Is it the lack of patience & initiative? Stand in your parents' shoes & think how they would feel when they fail to present their message of love to their child. *sigh*

I remember a time when my friend's mum called me up & said she needed to talk to me about her child. My goodness...I was really shocked...it happened last year or 2 years ago. The most surprising part was that she was calling all the way from up north! I was terrified. A mother calling her child's friend? This mum found it difficult to advise her child to not go into something. She didn't know who to turn to for help. She turned to God, church members, friends...etc, but her child just wouldn't listen, so she somehow managed to find my number & called me up. Anyways...this is one case proving how difficult parents find in communicate effectively with their children.

So, how much do we value our family & friends? Or have we taken them for granted? Are we honouring our parents in whatever we are doing now? When was the last time we called up a friend to find out how they are getting on? Gosh...I have so many things to do to make sure that I don't take my loved ones for granted.....I love you, dad, mum, sis, grandpa...aunt anne, uncle CP...I love Mabel, Fern, , Rene, Joce, Mary, Pastorpher, Quin Che, James, Andrew, my cg...me fwens! Gah...I so miss all the people...*hugs them all*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com