Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Save me!!...and yet another adventure...

Dying here in this mad situation. Lack of sleep, feeling malnourished, seems as if my immunity is taking a dip, and my level of BP is on the rise. Grrrr...I have been sleeping early around 3+am lately...bah...I rarely do so (now I know what Fern means by having 8 hours of sleep in 3 days), and waking up around 8+am.

4+ hours of sleep is NOT enough to last me from 8+am till 4pm (after class) and then till 3am again the next day. With the crazy routine and sleep I am getting, I am soon gonna vaporize into the air. I even feel like some desert gecko today...what ppl would call as kurus kering...teeheehee...

The Lord be my strength...Amen.

*****
And yet another adventure...

I actually had a pretty exciting Sunday...2 days ago. I hitched-hike again!!! Man! If my parents find out this one, they will forbid me from going out anymore already! But this time I was with Kelv, so erm...it wasn't so scary lar huh.

We had to take the bus to church, hich of course the bus didn't come at the time we hoped it would come. One car drove out of the uni and saw the both of us sitting at the bus stop waiting for the bus and the uncle stopped. Kelv just stood up and walked towards the car as if he knew the person, which in fact he didn't! He asked the uncle where he was going, and the uncle in return asked Kelv where he wanted to go. Oh no no. Kelv told the uncle "Bandar" and the uncle said "Bandar la". My...scary....so we got in and just hoped that we didn't make a wrong move.

I sat at the back and was in a position ready to jump out of the car in case of anything. I had my pepper spray in my pocket too- all within reach. Gah. The journey wasn't any quiet, not when Kelv is around. that fella just talks to anyone. *sigh* Like didn't your mummy teach you not to talk to strangers, Kelvin? The uncle is the contractor for the uni. Okay...and he drove so slow le. Made me even more nervous.

Half way to town, he asked if we do take breakfast...erm..ya...but we usually have it in town as we arrive in town (by bus) early. Noticing the uncle wanted to have his breakfast nearby, I said yes, we do take breakfast. He drove to teh side of the road and parked his car. " Uncle buy you all breakfast ya.." " Huh? Uncle don't need la..don't need.." " Nevermind la. Uncle buy you breakfast. Come, the nasi lemak at this shop is nice; famous."
*gulp*

I remember Edmund telling me stories about that "Zaman" coffeeshop & the nasi lemak that they serve. Ahhhh...not this shop??!! Oh no...*gulp* I kept silent & prayed so hard...prayed like I have never prayed before while i was crossing the road to the shop & even when we sat down in that shop.

The story behind the shop? Simple. Last time, the owner used to put jampi on the nasi lemak. That is why so many ppl go there for the nasi lemak. They eat once and would want to go back for more kinda thing. I really didn't dare to eat le. *gulps again* Uncle brought out the nasi lemak. Self service kononnya. He goes to the shop very often. Then when he went to get his lontong thingy or some sort of food la...can't remember what it is called...

Kelv wanted to pay edi, but the waitress said makan dulu bayar kmudian...aiyo. So we ate lor...every mouthful was eaten with a prayer...for me lar that is. Kelv is not aware of the story behind this at all, so he was eating in peace! I was praying against all evil spirits and all before I crossed the road to the shop, before I enter the shop, whiile I was in the shop, every mouthful I ate, and even as we left the place. Gosh! I have never eaten breakfast in such a situation before....

After that, the uncle actually took us to town & dropped us in front of church. He asked & told Kelv, "Your girlfriend ke? Jaga dia baik-baik ye." and I answered, " Tak la, uncle. Kawan aje." The uncle continued, "Tapi laki kena jaga prempuan ye. Don't leave her to walk alone ye..." We gave our salam and got out of the car- thankful ad relieved. Good grief. I thought to myself, " More like I jaga him la...that guy ar useless one ne...everything also can overlook; careless and clumsy...tsk tsk tsk.." I walked across the road to church, while Kelv went over to the RC church to pass the badminton racket to his friend to be sent for repair.

That was all the adventerous part for Sunday. the rest were minor parts or not so janggal parts. God spoke to me about prayer through the sermon. Boy, it was a hit kinda thingy. Made me reflect on how seriously I take my prayer life in contrast with Jesus' prayer life...waking up early in the morn, going to a solitary place, praying the whole night, withdrawing from the busyness...etc...*boiiiing* Then we had lunch with Kin Hup and all the families: Abi's, Miah's, Joanne & Sue Anne's & Ben's.

We left early to catch the bus, which actually didn't leave at the time we expected it to be. Kelv gave the wrong info or it is just that the bus did leave at 1.30pm last week, but not this week...it left at 2.30pm. *sigh* Memang tak gentleman punya la budak tu. Asked me to reserve a seat for him in the bus. Like it's a 1st come 1st serve thingy mah...courtesy what..ish ish. Budak. Can't blame teens these days. They are nice too in certain ways...like when they buy you ice cream or yogurt, but that also didn't see carefully and jusr bought blindly without knowing what he bought. Aiyoyo...guys...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com