Minor dilemma
Last night, I had a great surprise while I was at the cafe having a group meeting for the SDP project. I was totally busy trying to get my group working on the project as usual.
Half-way through the discussion/ meeting, I was called by this girl, who is the current Exco for the MPP (Students' Representative Council) for something I didn't expect at all. She asked if I would be interested to run for the elections this year. Totally can't believe my ears! Can't they get someone else? Don't I have enough work to do? Don't I have enough trouble to deal with??? *sigh*
She gave me less than 24 hours to think about it. I couldn't sleep. Plus, I had to finish up my project as well...huhu...Sad to say, emotions and confusions took over my mind. I couldn't think straight...bah. There were loads of pros and cons to weigh. What if I'm really elected?
I insisted that the Exco member tell me the 'consequences' to bear. She told me that my holidays will be taken up...not all, but most. Bah. There will be some weekends that I have to stay back for MPP work and well, the mid term hols will be used for this council. *sigh* The greatest question is " Am I willing to sacrifice it all for the sake of others i.e. the students of my faculty?"
Ppl say I think too much...way too far when things are not certain yet. I beg to differ. I want to think through throughly before I take up anything. I asked Fern, Mabel, & Kin Hup for their views on this since Fern and Mabes have been through it before. They should know better when it comes to what to expect etc. A big thank you to both Fern and Kin Hup for the encouragement and advices! I'm still thinking through and asking God...heh.
Please keep me in prayer. My room mate, who is one who dislikes anything that involves a lot of hassle, told me not to take it up as I am mentally and emotionally unprepared for it. She thinks I won't be able to juggle my studies and my duties...hmm...makes sense...but it's as if I'm doubting God, who is my Strength. Bah.
Enough said. Whatever decisions I am to make, I hope to make the best and give all glory to God, who deserves it all. :)


2 Comments:
Hi Ruth. Will remember to pray for you. I will pray that God help you to discern His Call and Will for you at the present time. Take care. Relax. And God will speak to you.
Hey babe. Sorry i didn't manage to email you back when you needed to hear stuff from me. I wonder what you said in response?
Student unionism is tough. And surely there'll be times when you feel like you're the only one doing all the work and the rest are just in it for the power trip. Then you start asking yourself if you're in it for the power trip.
But i guess if we wait until we're 'ready' to do something, we'll never be ready.
Might as well do it afraid.
Tell me how it goes, darling.
Post a Comment
<< Home