TITAS hits...again
Had Islamic Civilization class this morning. One thing mentioned about Islam which I personally found interesting and makes Christianity so different is that Islam says, 'When man attains/ draws near to knowledge/ wisdom, he will draw close to Allah'.
Hmmm...if I am not wrong, we think otherwise: ' The closer one is to God, the closer he is to Wisdom'. Now is this correct or wrong? Anyone has any comments?
'Islam is open (terbuka) from the aspects of attaining knowledge and using it also' (Literally translated from BM); meaning they can obtain knowledge from any sources and use it anyhow they want to as long as it is not for evil. Something here tells me that I am not buying this. Funny. Still wondering what made me think so.
One thing that I heard from the lecturer and I understand it as: 'Muslims get to 'heaven' by good works. If they do good, they will be blessed and the more they do, the higher chances it is for them to get into heaven. If they do evil, they will be severely punished.' *scrathces head*
What makes the people believe in this religion then? Don't they feel that they are in some form of bondage when there is actually a Way to get into heaven, which is through faith in Christ? Have they heard of Christ? What is holding the people back? Why am I put here--in this uni??


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home